Pre-K pre-registration deadline is March 15
Pre-registration for First Class Pre-K is being held until March 15, 2021.
Rachel Patterson Elementary School has a Pre-K program, and the requirements for registration are below:
• accepting online pre-registration applications for 2021-2022 school year;
• enrollment is open to all children 4 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2021 who are residents of the state of Alabama and the Escambia County, Ala. school zone;
• enrollees must provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate (may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program);
• enrollees must provide proof of residence, either a current utility bill or copy of a lease or mortgage;
• public school system pre-k programs may have zoning requirements that determine eligibility to attend a program at a school;
• no registration fee;
• upon enrollment, child’s immunization record must be provided; and,
• no child will be denied participation on the basis of income, sex, race, color, national origin or disability.
Visit https://alprek.asapconnected.com for pre-registration forms, submitted birth certificate and proof of residence.
For more information, visit www.children.alabama.gov.
Acceptance into the program is through random drawing to be held on March 18 or March 19. Parent and or guardian doesn’t have to be present at the drawing.
Notices will be emailed beginning April 16.
The Escambia County Healthcare Authority announced today that 1,549 cases of COVID-19 have been reported out of its two hospitals.... read more